- American Academy of Pediatrics This is the official website of the American Academy of Pediatrics, which is very active in promoting child health. This site is updated regularly with information and has additional links to a wide range of sites pertinent to Pediatric issues.
- Center for Disease Control & Prevention The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is one of the 13 major operating components of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), which is the principal agency in the United States government for protecting the health and safety of all Americans and for providing essential human services, especially for those people who are least able to help themselves.
- National Safe Kids Campaign Safe Kids Worldwide is a global network of organizations whose mission is to prevent accidental childhood injury, a leading killer of children 14 and under.
- US Consumer Product Safety Commission The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency’s jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $700 billion annually. The CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard or can injure children. The CPSC’s work to ensure the safety of consumer products – such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals – contributed significantly to the 30 percent decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.
- Poison Control The National Capital Poison Center, founded in 1980, is an independent, private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization affiliated with The George Washington University Medical Center. In recognition of its high quality, the Center is certified by the American Association of Poison Control Centers. MISSION: The mission of the Poison Center is to prevent poisonings, save lives, and limit injury from poisoning. In addition to saving lives, the Center decreases health care costs of poisoning cases.